The main ingredient of Albuterol Inhaler is Salbutamol. It is used to treat asthma and COPD.
Description of Albuterol Inhaler
This medication is used as bronchial spasmolytic. It stimulates the bronchi, blood vessels and myometrium receptors.
The main component of Albuterol Inhaler provides a broncholytic effect. The drug helps to stop spasms, reduce the resistance in the respiratory system and abrogate the reactivity of bronchi. This medication provides more air into the bronchi. Also, it is a good expectorant drug, which increases the volume of mucus.
The active ingredient has an anti-inflammatory effect, which is necessary during the spasms. Albuterol Inhaler helps to normalize breathing and prevent the asthmatic from any complications.
Salbutamol possesses the metabolic effects too. It is used to decrease glucose in the blood, to influence on the insulin, etc.
Albuterol Inhaler doesnat affect the heart-vascular system. Only liver secrets the medicine by means of bile.
When to use Albuterol Inhaler?
It is used during the bronchospastic syndrome, emphysema of lungs, asthma, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
How to use Albuterol Inhaler?
As already described, the active ingredient is Salbutamol. Using it in this form, it helps to provide effective and fast result. It stops the spasms of asthma and normalizes the breathing. Before using it, you should follow the instructions and use the indicated dose. Otherwise, or in case of overdose, the negative side effects may occur.
- You should take the medicine in the form it is provided. The dose for adults and children is 1-2 doses 4 times per day. It is needed to keep the same time interval between the inhalers.
- If you have a bronchospasm, take 1-2 doses at once.
- If it is an allergic effect or you need to prevent asthma while exercising, take 2 doses 20 minutes before the activity.
- Do not forget to shake the cylinder.
- Use prolonged and deep inhalation.
- After the inhalation outwind for 5-10 seconds.
Contraindications of the medicine
- The use for children under 4, pregnant women and highly allergic individuals is contraindicated.
- It is needed to stop using the medication and call the doctor in case of tachyarrhythmia, severe heart failure, and high blood pressure.
- You should replace the breast-feeding to bottle-feeding while using Albuterol Inhaler.
Note, that the constant use of Albuterol Inhaler may cause bronchispasm and some negative effects. To avoid it, you should make breaks between the doses.
Possible side effects
Like any other medicine, Albuterol Inhaler may cause some possible side effects. For example, headache, cough, dry mouth, rapid heartbeat, vertigo. Note, it may cause some allergic reactions and spasms. You should call the doctor and stop using the medication.